When I started my road to losing weight, I knew that my sweet tooth would heighten! But thank goodness for this three-ingredient healthy cookie recipe. It satisfies my sweet tooth, but it’s a great healthy alternative to any other sweet treat. I’m excited to share this healthy, delicious banana-oat cookies recipe!
This recipe is so easy, and all you need is three simple ingredients: bananas, oats, and chocolate chips. You can use dark chocolate or semisweet chips. As far as the bananas, make sure they’re nice and brown to give the cookie some sweetness. I tried these out on my boys, and they loved them! One of my boys is pretty picky, and the other is super honest, so I know these are an excellent healthy, tasty treat and a great alternative to those delicious sugary chocolate chip cookies! 😉
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 medium bananas
- 1/3 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Put 1 cup of the oats in the food processor and pulse until the oats turn into flour, about 10, 1-second pulses.
- Peel the bananas and mash them up in a large bowl. Add the pulsed oats, remaining oats, and semisweet chocolate chips; stir with a spoon to combine. Set aside for 5 min.
- Scoop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets. Push down on the cookies to flatten slightly. Bake until the cookies feel firm on the edges, about 20 minutes for slightly chewy cookies; a little longer, 5-10 minutes longer for crispy cookies.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
That’s it! So easy and simple. Make these ahead and have yourself a little treat without the guilt or the calories! Hope you enjoy this healthy delicious banana-oat cookies recipe!
Last Updated on 04/07/22 by Darlingdew Lifestyle Staff